These Chicken, Tomato and White Bean Wraps are my all-time favourite wrap. Using cold chicken, a homemade spicy mayo and a marinated cherry tomato and white bean salad, this wrap is fresh, healthy and packed with flavour. I like to use home cooked chicken for this, my absolute favourite is cooking it in the slow-cooker for the softest, easiest to shred chicken ever. You can get the recipe for my shredded chicken here.
Marinaded with onions, fresh herbs and lime juice, the cherry tomato and white bean salad really makes this wrap sing a different tune. And the mildly spicy mayonnaise is punchy and ties everything together perfectly. And if you are eating with weaning babies, younger children and fussy eaters - I’ll show you how to simplify their wrap specifically for them here.
Depending how far you want the wraps to stretch, cook 2 - 3 large chicken breasts. You can also buy pre-cooked cold chicken, go for 300-400g / 10-14oz.
If you like, you can swap cherry tomatoes for regular tomatoes, just be sure to dice them small. And I like to use red onion, but you can of course use white.
I always go for the largest flour tortillas available and Old El Paso is our favourite brand.
For the spicy mayo I use smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic granules and a little lime juice. You can use Nando’s Perinaise instead which gives the same vibe, if you have it already or prefer a shortcut.
How to Make My Chicken Tomato & White Bean Wrap
Watch me make these Chicken, Tomato & White Bean wraps step-by-step here before or as you cook.
These Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps make a great lunch to prep in advance. You can cook the chicken first thing in the morning, or the day before, just cool and refrigerate in an air-tight container or resealable bag. The spicy mayo can also be made earlier in the day or the day before. The marinated cherry tomato and white bean salad is best made earlier in the day - allowing time for all those flavours to marry.
Kids Cook Too
Younger children can get involved by helping make the salad and also let them assemble their own wrap!
Eat More Sustainably
You can do this easily by using less chicken and increasing the amount of salad you put in the wraps - the white beans are a great source of protein.
Feed a Crowd
Easily done, just double up on everything. The recipe as it stands will stretch quite far, you can get 8 wraps out of it if you use 3 large (or 4 small chicken breasts) or 400g / 14oz cold chicken.
Storing My Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps
You can store leftovers of cooked chicken in an air-tight container or resealable bag in the fridge for 3-4 days and the same goes for the spicy mayo. The marinated tomato and white bean salad will only be good for the day you made it + 1. If you make the wraps up, eat the same day.
For more on safe food storage read here >
My Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps are nut-free.
Adapting My Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps For Your Family
Eating together is beneficial for families of all ages and stages, for a multitude of reasons; nutritional, behavioural, psychological and for healthy family functioning. This section will show you how to tweak these Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps for sharing with a weaning baby, toddler or fussy eater, to help make it easier for you to eat together as a family.
Keeping Younger Children & Picky Eaters Happy
So if you are thinking this wrap is waaaay too fancy for your child to enjoy, then you might be right. But, you can easily simplify it for them. All you need to do is toss some of the beans and the tomatoes in a few drops of lime juice. For the spicy mayo, you can either make it really mild by dropping the cayenne pepper down to a pinch (or up to ¼ teaspoon), or you could just use plain mayo for their wrap, nothing mixed in.
If you have a fussy eater that doesn’t like tomatoes, swap for a veg they do like. Lettuce, thinly sliced peppers or grated carrot would all work well in this wrap.
See more from me on fussy eaters here >
Making my Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wrap Baby & Toddler Friendly
These Chicken Tomato and White Bean Wraps are easy to tweak for baby-led weaning. Here’s how to do it:
- Keep some cannellini beans and cherry tomatoes for them to serve plain
- Squash their cannellini beans flat with the back of a teaspoon
- For 6-9 months, using a large tomato (not cherry tomatoes) cut baby a large flat wedge to palm. For 9 months +, slice their cherry tomatoes into quarters and if too large, cut them again into eighths
- Slice their flour tortilla into ½ - ¾ inch strips
- Give them long thin strips of shredded chicken or finger-size strips of sliced chicken
For more info on how I keep my family meals baby & toddler friendly, read here >
You Might Like…
Together to Eat is reader-supported. I may earn a small commission from anything bought through links found here.
CHICKEN, TOMATO AND WHITE BEAN WRAPS
- 300-400 g cooked cold shredded or sliced chicken 3-4 chicken breasts
- 6-8 large flour tortillas
FOR THE MARINATED TOMATOES & WHITE BEANS
- 250 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- 400 g tinned cannellini beans drained
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice approx 1 lime
- ½ tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
FOR YOUR SPICY MAYO
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper see young children & fussy eater notes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
FOR THE MARINATED TOMATOES & BEANS
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Toss well together, cover and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes. If you do this earlier in the day, cover and refrigerate.
FOR THE SPICY MAYO
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and stir well to mix.
- Lay the first wrap on a chopping board in front of you. You can either spread the spicy mayo on, all over the middle of the wrap or add the chicken and add it onto the chicken (this method works well if you have a squeezey bottle you can put it in or are using Nando’s Perinaise). Then add the chicken into the middle of the wrap. Next add a couple large spoonfuls of the marinated tomato & white beans on top of the chicken. Fold into a wrap, watch the video below to see how.