I always enjoy themed food ideas for the holidays, and these Valentines Bites are healthy-ish because of the banana and oh so pretty! They are also super simple to make and have only three ingredients; bananas, pink candy button melts and Valentines themed sprinkles.
These Valentines Banana Bites are suitable for 12 months +.
The Stars of my Valentines Banana Bites
Just three ingredients for these Valentines treats!
Make sure they aren’t too ripe or they will be mushy once cut and will then be tricky to coat in the melted buttons. You’ll need to slice these thickly.
You can use any pink melts for the coating, I used the PME Candy Buttons. Just add them to a medium-small microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts on defrost mode, stirring in between until almost fully melted. Then stir until fully melted. Use immediately.
You can buy the cute little pink and red heart sprinkles I used here, but any pink mix or pink and red sprinkles will do!
How to Make my Valentines Banana Bites
These are truly so simple to make.
- Slice the bananas
- Melt the buttons in the microwave gradually
- Dip a banana slice in the melted buttons and turn around to coat
- Add the banana slice to a lined baking tray, immediately add the sprinkles. Lay it on the lined baking tray and immediately add the sprinkles. Repeat until all the banana has been used up. Note: if you coat them all in the melted candy and then try to add the sprinkles, you’ll find the coating will have set hard and the sprinkles won’t stick.
- Chill for 30 mins to fully set.
Kids Bake Too
Younger children will love to help you make these Valentines Banana Bites! Let them help to coat the slices in the melted candy and add on the sprinkles.
Storing my Valentines Banana Bites
These are best eaten the same day, but once set you can store leftovers in an air-tight container or resealable food bag in the fridge for up 24 hours.
For more on safe food storage and reheating read here >
My Valentines Banana Bites are suitable for vegetarians and are egg, nut and gluten-free (so long as it says so on the melts and sprinkles packets - will vary depending on brand).
You Might Like…
Together to Eat is reader-supported. I may earn a small commission from anything bought through links found here.
Valentines Banana Bites
- Pairing knife + chopping board
- Baking tray / sheet + baking paper
- Medium-small bowl
- Small bowl
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Thickly slice your bananas.
- Add the melts to a medium-small microwave proof dish and melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between until almost fully melted. Then stir until completely melted.
- Dip a banana slice in the melted candy and turn around to coat. Lay it on the lined baking tray and immediately add the sprinkles. Repeat until all the banana has been used up. Note: if you coat them all in the melted candy and then try to add the sprinkles, you’ll find the coating will have set hard and the sprinkles won’t stick.
- Chill for 30 mins to fully set the candy coating. You can cover them with clingfilm/saran wrap once set or transfer them to a resealable food bag or container for storage (24 hours only). You can take them out of the fridge 30 mins or so before serving if you like.